ALOHA KKLK

ASSALAMUALAIKUM DAN SALAM SEJAHTERA

Selamat datang ke blog Aloha KKLK.

Untuk makluman para pengunjung, maklumat yang dipaparkan adalah untuk kegunaan para pelajar, kakitangan dan masyarakat setempat.

Para pengunjung juga digalakkan menyumbang sebarang artikel yang dapat memberikan manfaat kepada semua.

Jika anda berminat untuk menyumbang sebarang artikel,

sila email artikel anda di
info.kklk@yahoo.com

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Action on civil servants based on AG’s report, says chief secretary

PETALING JAYA: Action will be taken against 102 civil servants and 24 companies following investigations into wrongdoings reported in the Auditor-General’s Report 2008.

The special task force, which was set up to scrutinise the wrongdoings, has so far completed investigations into nearly half of the identified cases.

Chief Secretary to the Government Tan Sri Sidek Hassan said a total of 374 federal cases were identified and investigations into 187 cases have been completed.

At state-level, 55 cases were identified with investigations into 19 cases completed.

“In the federal cases, four officers from three government companies will have their services terminated while another four civil servants and two police officers will be fined an equivalent of two to three days’ emolument.”

A total of 14 federal officers face disciplinary action in the form of a warning and would not be considered for promotion in the next 12 months.

Another 12 federal officers would also be given oral warnings by their respective department heads.

Disciplinary letters without the intention of sacking or demotion is also being issued against 36 civil servants.

He said through these letters, they would be given 21 days to plead their case and explain why disciplinary action should not be taken against them.

In nine state-level cases, action would be taken against 30 government officers and one contractor company.

The action against the officers would be termination or a warning while the company would be blacklisted and not given a licence or permit to develop new projects under the Local Government and Housing Ministry.

He added civil action would be taken against 16 companies involved in federal cases while seven others have been blacklisted.

They will not be considered for future government projects for a period of time set by the Finance Ministry.
“Of the remaining 82 federal cases that were investigated, no action would be taken against the government officers as investigations show that the offences that occurred were unintentional and caused by factors beyond their control,” he said.

Sidek added 91 federal and 36 state level cases were still being probed.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment